GetAgent is the Estate Agent Comparison Site
There are over 17,000 estate agents in the UK and they all say they’re the best.
We use property sales data to measure the agents’ performance. So we can tell homeowners exactly which ones would do the best job selling their home.
By using GetAgent, homeowners get more for their home and sell quicker.
See where we've been and where we're going.
How You Would Contribute
As our second designer, you'd be a core member of GetAgent's product team and would have an impact on new ideas, help grow the product and develop the processes we’ll need to scale.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll:
- Plan and implement new designs
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like and work
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders.
- Deliver intuitive and user-centred solutions based on user research/testing and feedback
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Optimise existing user interface designs Working in a team to brainstorm ideas and concepts
What We're Looking For
- 1.5 years + of experience as a UIUX Designer or Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Portfolio of design projects
- Good time-management skills
- Experience with web and mobile design
- Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles
- Strong typography, layout and visual design skills
- Working knowledge of industry tools: Adobe creative cloud (including illustrator and Photoshop), experience with the top design tools Sketch, XD etc)
- Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, prototypes
- Basic understanding of HTML5 & CSS3
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss, explain design options and work in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centred
- Desire to learn and grow as a designer
Nice to have:
- Ability to create illustrations
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience working with Adobe XD
- Flexible working: We’re happy to consider different working arrangements to fit your needs
- Culture: Working with a small, fast-paced & rapidly-growing team
- Opportunity for growth: We’re keen to give all our employees the opportunity to grow their role in a way that interests & excites them
- Support: You’ll have weekly 1-to-1 meetings with the Head of Communications who’ll monitor your personal development, and help you learn the ropes
- Quick initial chat over the phone
- Short chat with Lead Product Designer
- Design Challenge
- Interview with the Lead Product Designer to discuss the design challenge and have a more in-depth technical conversation
- Final interview with the CTO/Founder
- We promise to keep you informed on the status of your application and to move as quickly as possible
We are currently going into the office 2 days a week, with different teams on different days so we can maintain social distancing. The safety and wellbeing of our staff are of the utmost importance and have taken the necessary precautions to ensure the office is a safe COVID free zone.