We used Jacksons to sell our flat and they did a great job in quite a difficult market. But the gold star goes to Nicole Snape in the post sales department who helped to push our sale through before Christmas. Nicole was extremely proactive, very organised and very good at staying in contact with us and a long chain. If it weren't for Nicole, I don't think we would have moved so quickly, so we are very grateful to her!
I would strongly recommend avoiding letting from Jacksons. Throughout my tenancy communication on their part was extremely, needing several reminder emails and calls to get any meaningful response on issues. We were left without a dishwasher for several weeks, after a Property Manager failed to respond to emails. The same Property Manager then took multiple emails and phone calls to act on a severe structural mold problem, and never responded to our requests for advice on whether the mold had an adverse effect on our health. The tenancy has now ended, and it has been over three weeks and two reminder emails since asking for further information about deductions to our deposit.
Tyrone, Michael and Sian did an excellent job at helping us to get our sale and purchase completed before Christmas. We had lot of things that weren't straightforward but they did everything they could to get problems and issues resolved for us. Would thoroughly recommend. Thanks again guys!
MONEY GRABBING B@STARDS
Having decided to look for a 1 bedroom flat to rent near Crystal Palace I found a decent sized property about 20 minutes walk away through Kinleigh Folkard and Hayward for £850 per month. Not overly expensive I thought. I arranged a viewing with Alex on the Saturday. She seemed helpful (don't they all) and we agreed on a viewing at 11:30am on the Saturday.
The Saturday arrived and I didn't want to be late as my journey was an hour and half to get to the viewing. Just as I was arriving at just after 11am at the front door I got a call saying sorry but the viewing has been postponed. No prior notice was given and I was pretty annoyed at the time wasted. I was called back again with a further apology saying that if I would go for a second viewing I would get some discount off of the agency fees.
I saw the property for the second viewing and liked it and got the ball moving. NO DISCOUNT WAS OFFERED and I had to part with £656.15 with was for £210 tenant fees and £120 for referencing and the rest towards the initial deposit which still left me with a balance of £2194 before the move in date which wasn't a problem.
The contract was for 15 months which I thought was odd and did query this but was told its either 15, 18 or 24 month contract.
Upon my final visit just to hand in some more papers and fill out yet more forms I was told that mid contract the landlord now wanted to implement a rent rise but also there was no figure as to how much of an increase. I told them no way and if the landlord wanted to increase the rent he would have to do it after the contract has finished. Ridiculous!!!!
Due to my mum's ill health and social services not being able to go ahead with a care package for my mum which had already been agreed with them I was forced to unfortunately pull out of the flat so I can carry on caring for her. KFH still had over a months notice from the date the flat was available to find tenants for this and have so far refused to pay back any of this money. I have been very reasonable with them and said yes they can keep the agency fees and the referencing (£330) and just return the rest (£326.15) which would have gone to the landlord. Instead, they are keeping the lot for their own profit and are showing no signs of wanting to play fair. They are going to find other tenants within the month and charge them another set of tenant fees and referencing so no doubt be quids in.
I am in the process of seeking legal representation on this as I was hoping for at least a bit of compassion and understanding. I haven't cost them any money and in fact know that they will make more now.
In the meantime. I would recommend to anybody to avoid these people as they seem to be up there with the worst of them.
We have just purchased a house through Foxtons Streatham and there service was brilliant throughout the whole process. Gary was always on hand to help with anything we needed and maintained constant communication with us throughout the purchase. Everything went smoothly and was stress free which was thanks to the team at Foxtons. We would highly recommend using them.
Made an offer on a 1 bed flat on Streatham High Road with Ermal. I am still waiting for a response. Called multiple times and was promised a call back from Max or Chris (Manager) still nothing. Found out flat had been let by visiting Townsend's website. Ermal seemed completely disinterested the entire time showing us round.
The sales team at Hamptons in Balham are a pleasure to work with. They are a hard-working experienced team who have been efficient in progressing matters to exchange for our mutual vendors and buyers. We look forward to working with them more in the future!
Absolutely useless when it comes to property management. I've had an ongoing issue with mould due to failed damp proofing for 2 months. I still don't have an agreed solution. Definitely don't rent through Hamptons if you can avoid it.
A thoroughly professional and hard working group of people. In particular, working with Charles and Jack was a pleasure - they were accessible at all times, exceptionally polite and easy to communicate with. Of all local agents, these would be the ones I'd recommend without hesitation - they know their work and go the extra mile!
A thoroughly stressful and unpleasant experience using Laurels. Rob at Laurels repeatedly let us down whilst marketing our property, Was unresponsive, often not responding to calls or emails. We have some suspicions of being misled or worse, lied to, regarding offers received on our property. I should stress these are suspicions at this stage and investigations into this are ongoing. In our opinion, the poor service from Rob at Laurels cost us a perfect home to move into and almost lost the seller of this home thousands of pounds through loss of a deposit. My personal recommendation would be to save yourself the stress and hassle and go with agents with a long track record of excellent customer service. In Epsom, Cairds are a much better agent in my opinion and charge the same fees as Laurels, or Greenfields in the Surbiton area. Please don’t be misled by the notion that Laurels are much cheaper than well established High Street Agents are this certainly wasn’t the case in my experience. My advice, avoid.
People at SW16 have been very supportive when we had taken a new property in the area. From start; viewings, offers to finish; checking in and finalising paperwork. Thank you for all the support from your office and team! Looking forward to doing more work together. I was very happy with the service overall.
1) I had a flat viewing arranged for a certain time and received a frantic call asking me to be at the property in half hour (I live at least 50 minutes away). I was then told he would pick me up in 15 minutes, he arrived an hour later.
2) I then found a property and I felt rushed to make a decision about renting a flat and told that if I left it 24 hours, it may not be available (fair I guess).
3) I was then given a load of chat by the manager that I appeared to be a "nice girl" and he got a good vibe from me, so this flat would be a perfect fit.
4) I signed and paid a £400 holding fee. I then had no further communication as to whether I can sign a contract or pay the rest of the deposit. I had asked for a new mattress (as promised on viewing) and still do not have an answer as to whether this will happen. It appeared they made no effort to address my questions or concerns.
5) I noted online that the flat was advertised £10 cheaper than given to me, although I was assured they “knocked £30 off” for me in the shop. I was told that the advertised cheaper price was “a typo
6) I then received a text to ask me to sign contracts, and then received a call to rush me to visit the shop to sign. I signed and was rushed out of the shop. No copy of the contract given and sadly, I didn't demand/ask for it.
7) I then noticed that the address on the information sheet I was given was incorrect (initially it had typos, like an extra letter in the street name and extra number in the postcode). However, when trying to set up internet, the address was non-existent and not registered.
I emailed twice (due to working night shifts and not being available during 9-5 hours), I received no response. I finally called them and was told, by the surly receptionist, that the address is right but I had the postcode wrong. I was then asked "what do you want me to do about it?" and not given any reassurance or apology. I was then informed, at a later date this was because the woman is "Polish" and they're sorry for the typo.
8) I then spoke to the Manager, Chris who said the address was a "typo". He was correct, there was typos on the piece of paper but the door number was completely incorrect (it was written as 19, when in fact it was 90). He also told me to check my contract as that will have the correct address on it. I was not given a copy of this. I was reassured that he would deliver the contract to my current address. He also informed me I can call him at 3am as he does not sleep before then if I have any concerns.
9) A week later, having not received the contract that he promised to deliver after our conversation, I received a call asking for me to meet him at work (I'm a nurse in a busy hospital). I declined this as I was at work, he then stated he would bring the contract to my home at 9pm. He had forgotten to deliver it a week earlier as he "forgot" (despite reassurances he'd do it straight away and I had text my address)
I paid a £400 administration fee to be given the wrong address!
This is completely disrespectful, unprofessional, unorganised and frankly a rude service, being asked, a week before my move date, “what do you want me to do about it?” when I was given an incorrect address is just completely disgusting.
I am appalled and saddened that I have just signed a contract with them.
I would not recommend at all.