- This constitutes a legal agreement between us and you, please read it carefully.
- You must act appropriately when using our website.
- The website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, with minimal warranties.
- GetAgent.co.uk (the “Website”) is an online service owned and operated by GetAgent Limited (“GetAgent”, “we”, “us” or “our"), which enables individuals to easily compare offers from Estate Agents.
- You must not use the Website if:
- You are under the age of 18
Quotes and requesting valuations
- We do not sell property. We enable Estate Agents to provide you with offers for the sale of your property through the Website (“Quotes”). If you decide to instruct one of the Estate Agents we recommend, you will be entering an agreement with that Estate Agent. We are not a party to that agreement.
- By requesting a valuation through our website, you are not committing to using that agent.
- Quotes are received by the following process:
- You post on the Website information about your property; the address and number of bedrooms.
- Using this information, we recommend a selection of Estate Agents that match your requirements.
- Estate Agents provide an indicative quote for the sale of your property.
- You consider the quote and if you are interested, request a valuation visit.
- If after the valuation visit, you agree to instruct that Estate Agent you will enter into an agreement with that Estate Agent. We are not a party to that agreement.
- We cannot guarantee that you will receive any Quotes, or when these Quotes will be sent.
- We are not obliged to review Quotes but may do so as part of our ongoing commitment to customer service or if you ask us to.
- We or the Estate Agent may choose to edit or remove Quotes at anytime.
- You must ensure that all information about you that is held by us is true, complete, not misleading and up to date.
Rights of use and intellectual property rights
- The Website is made available for your private, non-commercial, personal use only. This does not give you any rights of ownership in the Website.
- Unless otherwise specified, all copyright, design rights, database rights, patent rights, trademark and trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in the Website belong to and vest in GetAgent, or are licensed to GetAgent.
- All third party trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners and GetAgent makes no warranty or representation in relation to them. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- GetAgent and our logo are trademarks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these trademarks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
Restrictions and obligations
- You will not:
- Hack, modify, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Website or any part of it
- Gain unauthorised access to any restricted part of the Website
- Remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices on the Website
- Create software which replicates or mimics the data or functionality in the Website
- Collect data from the Website by systematic or automated means
- Use your access to the Website for the sending of marketing communications
- Use any computer virus or malicious code of any nature in connection with the Website
- Copy or exploit any part of the Website or the content it contains
- Use the Website or any part of it unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose; or
- Attempt to do any of the acts listed above.
- You may need to submit personal information and choose an account name (“Username”), a password (“Password”) and a valid email address in order to create an account on the Website ("Account") or otherwise use the Website.
- If so, the Username and Password will be allocated to you if you successfully apply for registration as a Customer. Only we can decide whether applications will be successful. Your Username and Password are personal to you and you may only hold one Account.
- We are entitled to assume that any use of your Account is made by you. You are solely responsible and liable for any use of the Website under your Account or any other use of your Username and Password.
- Do not share your password with any other person or allow any other person to use your account. We are not liable for any improper use of your password or account or any use of your password or account by any other person. If you think any other person knows your password, or that your account has been used by any other person, you must inform us immediately.
- The Website enables the display of third party content (“User Content”) without review or moderation. The Website is therefore merely a conduit of User Content.
- The views expressed in any User Content are the views of the individual authors and not those of GetAgent unless we specify otherwise.
- We disclaim all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any User Content.
- By using the Website you acknowledge that we have no responsibility to review any User Content and that all User Content is made available on the basis that we are not required to exercise any control or judgement over it. However we may remove any User Content for any reason.
- If you post any User Content to the Website, or otherwise publish or distribute User Content using the Website, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual worldwide licence to use that User Content for any purpose.
- Any User Content you post or otherwise publish or distribute using the Website must:
- Not be libellous or maliciously false
- Not be deceptive, offensive, harassing, inappropriate, obscene, indecent, violent, racist or bigoted
- Infringe any rights of another person, including any intellectual property right, right of confidence or privacy, or any rights under data protection legislation
- Be in compliance with applicable law, regulations or court orders; or
- Not be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading.
- It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. We have no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. You should therefore exercise some degree of caution when reading user content on any website. By using the website you accept that you use the website at your own risk.
- GetAgent provides and maintains the Website on an “as is” basis and is liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care.
- External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by GetAgent and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. “External Sites” means third party websites and online services to which the Website links.
- GetAgent gives no warranty in respect of any offers or other information contained on the website and excludes all liability for any incorrect or inaccurate information or material the website contains.
- GetAgent gives no other warranty in connection with the Website and to the maximum extent permitted by law, GetAgent excludes liability for:
- the acts or omissions of any Estate Agent;
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not that loss arises out of something of which GetAgent has been made aware
- any interruptions to or delays in updating the Website
- the infringement by any other person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any use of the Website
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites
- any transaction taking place on External Sites
- any transaction with a third party retailer taking place on the Website
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by any other person accessing, using or downloading the Website; and
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have effect.
- GetAgent does not warrant that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all of those terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You agree not to use the Website in any way which is:
- may give rise to civil or criminal liability for GetAgent; or
- which might call GetAgent into disrepute.
- Failure to enforce any term does not constitute a waiver of that term.
- No representation or warranty is made as to whether the Website complies with the laws of any other country other than the United Kingdom.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to GetAgent. GetAgent will try to respond to you within 48 hours.