I was a little skeptical about some of the reviews but then once speaking and dealing with them was easy to see there not bad people, got me a property within my price range. No agents fees was charged nor admin smooth process..
???READ ME : I AM SAVING YOUR LIVES
It is extremely difficult to find a rental property that is cheap and decent at the same time especially in central London where there is a fierce competition in the market. In fact, most of you are likely to grab an opportunity of signing an only-just-tolerable property saying 'god we were lucky'. However, there is one thing a number of you forget ; The quality of service agents provide. Therefore, if you have 5 minutes, hear me out before getting lured by mere flats that seem satisfactory.
The agent i dealt with was THE most unprofessional worker i have ever met in my entire experience in London.
1. The breach of contract occurs frequently for instance, the contract clearly states '24 hour notice must be made before paying a visit' but what i saw was a hasty agent leaving a message in the middle of a night saying 'the landlord will visit you tomorrow morning so tidy your rooms guys'.
2. Not only that, there were 6 sudden house refurbishments of which tenants had no idea. The following happened routinely throughout the year ; we get roused by noises in the common area -> meet workers removing ceiling tiles -> (WTF!?) -> leave a message to the agent -> no response -> call the agent -> no response -> receives a message from the agent after about 3 days saying 'i am not entirely sure what is going on but the landlord wants it' -> unable to use the area for 2~5 days -> happens again after 2~3 months.
3. On top of that, when we actually found something that needed to be repaired, the agent just ignored our messages. The communication was simply a one way street.
Keep on trying because he does reply after about 3-5 attempts and you will notice his answers will converge to a same answer ; sorry it's been a little hectic in the office last few weeks. i will look at it next week - obviously never happened :')
4. Can it get worse? well.. sorry but yes.
After about half a year, I once went to the office to tell him personally and respectfully if he could be more professional in terms of notifications and you know what he said?
'I actually don't have some of your numbers'
5. One time, the landlord found out that there was something wrong in the property and asked us for an explanation. We told him that the issue had been informed to the agency several times and got no proper responses. After a couple of days, the agent gave me a call and told me off for making it a big deal............. ......????????
6. Finally, If you are an international, he is really rude.
If you are Asian, he will refer you as 'some Chinese guy'
If you are European, he will refer you as 'you know that Spanish guy'
If you are from anywhere else, you will just be called in the most stereotypical way possible according to appearances.
I think i can write a book about this agent but i should stop now.
If your agent is Y*SIN, you have to get the hell out of there immediately
P.S. It has been a while since i left the property (thanks to the agent) but it seems like the company left a review saying they have never had me as a client instead of taking this comment as a feedback.
I mean seriously, i am not using my real name here so how the hell do you know who i am in the first place?
The Peckham Branch, and especially Benson, were a huge help throughout the process. After a string of disappointing experiences with other companies and agents (that added massively to the stress of finding somewhere), Benson quickly found and showed me a number of great options and was always on the other end of the phone to help with paperwork. TLDR: Benson is a huge asset and thank you for helping us find our amazing flat.
Booked 2 viewings. I’m based in central London, so it takes me a while to travel to the location. The first viewing I had a massive clash with the agent as I was running 5 minutes late due to public transport and this 20 yo called me saying he was busy and needed to leave, and he was doing me a favour. What an attitude. The second viewing they suspended the overground, and had no way to travel, other than re-routing by changing about 3 tube lines and one train line, and the train line was badly delayed, so another major clash with the same agent. I called the branch again, spoke to the branch manager and he started lecturing me on the fact that you need to allow plenty of time to travel with London transport. Really? Because I had no idea people can teletransport if they allow enough time? It seems they are not in the business of selling properties but to show how important they are and putting potential buyers off. If I were selling a property I would avoid them, as so many buyers wouldn’t come back to do viewings with them, no matter how amazing the property could be. Also, please note that a lot of the positive reviews are quite suspicious, of people with one review each, strangely after a not so positive one to balance their lower score!
Professional experience throughout great customer focus with a personal touch from both Juelz and Ziaur well recommended thankyou for looking after us.
Unprofessional. To sum up: we agreed a rental, we paid the deposit + all documents and went to the office to sign the contract. Then they said the rental was raised from our previous written agreement (I have all the emails).
Never trust them even if you have a written agreement through email.
Ah, funny fact is that I was paying from another currency and the interests were charged on me twice because the cheap agency refunded a total of what they received, so I had to pay the change also for their refund after their mistake. Miserable.
While it can get a little crowded, and at times very tatty, I find it very useful and convenient.
About the only thing I have to say against it is the over reliance on Automated Ticket Booths!! Don't get me started on the fares!
Raymond Mc Donagh
The staff on this station are so lazy. They don't help customers that need assistance. It's no wonder that they can't be helpful.... Just look at how they hang on the ticket barrier scratching their butts.