We are very happy to be able to write a review for the Knight Frank Wimbledon team.
We were recommended Knight Frank by a relative and should like to pass on that recommendation. Diana and Harriet were those of the team most involved with our house sale. Diana is very experienced and, with this quality, brought great calm and expertise to the process. She is highly professional and worked with us to ensure that only those who might be appropriate purchasers were brought to view. She and Harriet, whose client became the purchaser, negotiated extremely well, thoroughly and fairly, for all parties.
Harriet ensured that exchange took place in a timely manner. She liaised excellently between us, our purchasers, the legal teams and, when necessary, with the agent for the property we were purchasing as our new home.
We have moved a number of times during our forty three years as Wimbledon residents. This was our first experience of the Knight Frank team.
They offered great encouragement and support during the whole process. We could not have hoped for better.
Thank you, Diana and Harriet for a very successful and trouble free sale.
Tenacious and consistent when selling our house....it took a long time but we got there! Thanks to Tom and Diana
Fabulous staff, great properties, efficient service. I will definitely go back if in need to sell/buy or rent a property.
A Google User
This is perhaps the worst rental agency I have worked with, I have been with several over the years. They have lost cover letters and terms of my rental, they charge for references (I have not had another agency do this), they have around £650 worth of hidden check out fees, and are generally rude. I would highly recommend people to use another estate agents when renting, I am looking to take them to small claims for negligence.
Rosie and Danielle were absolutely wonderful during our search for rental - once we found our dream place, they were thorough and efficient and made the whole process so easy!
Incredibly incompetent and immoral
They lied to us about what was included in the house.
They lied to use about terms in the contract
It took them over a month to give us our parking space that we were paying for
They're are incredibly rude and hung up on me a few times when trying to resolve issues
It took them an unreasonable amount of time to return our deposit
They are entirely unhelpful
They refuse to give references unless you paid them £42
At the end of the tenancy they book loads of appointments to show prospective new tenants around but often cancel and do not tell you
They are not very nice people to deal with
Marcus, Paul, Nicole and the team worked tirelessly and always enthusiastically to help to sell our property. They were a pleasure to deal with and utterly professional throughout, notwithstanding the occasionally challenging nature of the transaction. We also felt that they understood the market inside out and the appropriate (ie fair) price point for our property. Highly recommend.
As a future seller, I would never use this agent. When I was a buyer, they wouldn't let us make an offer as they wanted to own the chain and we were selling outside of the area. I have since checked and we would have paid at least £10k more than the property went for, and we completed sooner on our new property, than the chain in question. As seller, I would beware that they don't have your best interests at heart and as a buyer they are very judgemental and were quick to presume we weren't credible.
The entire team, lead by Simon, handled the sale of our property with great determination and expertise. Nothing was too much trouble and their communications throughout the entire process was excellent. They were always polite and we are delighted that we chose Dexters.
Much improved service from Dexters Wimbledon since Stephanie Silva took over our tenancy in the Property Management team. She is always quick to respond to queries and continuously follows up with us which is great!
As first time buyers, we really appreciated the friendly, approachable professionalism that came across in our dealings with Ludlowthompson, Tooting.
Sophie, who showed us around the property, and Philip, who completed the sale were both extremely helpful and patient. They were timely in their responses to any queries we had or advice we needed through the whole home buying process which made us feel really valued as clients.
You owe it to yourself to read this review!
I would give LudlowThompson Tooting zero stars if I could, let me tell you why in chronological order:
1. Our apartment was marketed as "Ultra modern", despite it having electric radiators and storage heaters which seemed older than myself (unsurprisingly, these broke halfway through the tenancy); being painted with streaks and drips; having a sofa which was torn on every surface; a HUGE mould problem; a boiler without a thermostat, I could go on all day..
2. When viewing we were told the apartment had a thermostat and central heating to the building. This was false.
3. When moving in we asked Ludlow if it was possible to move the current beds elsewhere, which was agreed to with no questions asked. (When moving out we were hit with a £73 charge for this which was not agreed to in the beginning).
4. During the tenancy, although not Ludlow's fault, we had many, many problems with the flat. What was Ludlow's fault, was how slowly they were dealt with - our main source of heating broke in October and still wasn't fixed 4 months later.
5. THE MAIN POINT: They will try to sign you up to a three year contract, selling you on this by saying you can "end the tenancy at any time, all you have to do is find your own replacements". What they don't tell you is that you have to do ALL the legwork, arrange the viewings, manage the discussions and yet Ludlow still charge ~£600 for doing nothing.
Their incompetence knows no bounds. The moving out process took well over two months and was never officially completed - the incoming tenant hadn't even signed the contract 3 weeks after moving in, with no check-out inspection being done at our time of move-out, so we were still liable due to their incompetence. On top of this, it took over two months for them to release nearly £3000 of our money.
These are purely facts - I hope no one else has an experience like this.
Will never rent from a Ludlow branch again.