Fox and Sons sold my house for me during a very difficult time. They were always polite and understanding taking my feelings into consideration and making it as easy as possible. Lucy did the viewings and was always very thorough. Without Emma's intervention right at the end the sale would have fallen through due to a difficult buyer. I wholeheartedly recommend them as an agency and would use them again very happily.
New Homes Exeter
Just had the worst possible service... Leaving my 86 year old father homeless at Christmas!.. Hope you lot have a Merry Christmas.. remember the homeless that you created due to your incompetence.
I bought and sold through the branch in Crediton and was very pleased with the service. The pictures and marketing were excellent, particularly impressed with the 3D tour. The house was agreed in about 4 weeks and went without a hitch. It's true that you get what you pay for in life! Was a bit more than another local agent but I don't mind that when the job was done so well.
My sale progressed very smoothly. I was looked after well by the senior partner when my property was valued..
Of the three agents I considered, Simon recommended the highest price -and this was achieved within a couple of weeks.
A stressful experience was made as comfortable as possible by a very efficient service.
I would certainly use them again.
Appalling for rentals, especially when landlord decides to sell.
1) Opened door to house with prospective buyer without knocking - walked right on in. Child in house could easily have been behind door. £900 a month we pay.
2) Asked for permission to bring someone around the same day without 24 hours notice as they had forgotten to ask us. Only the paying tenants.
3) waited in for viewing as didn't want strangers in house alone, didn't show, called to be told sheepishly that they had accepted an offer on house so cancelled appointment - didn't bother telling us, paying £900 for that privilege.
4) asked to be notified of suitable properties to move to as they came available - 3 months and not 1 suggestion made
5) ignore the pertinent parts of any email you send, meaning several emails, always. Gave our notice as found place, asked about pro rata rent, said would be sent documents. Documents say nothing so another email.
Would not recommend in the slightest for renters, and as a couple looking to buy in 18 months would actively avoid a property marketed by them.
Edit - in response Simon, I think it fair we make clear we asked, reasonably after being told the house was for sale, that we could give 4 weeks notice rather than the 4 weeks plus the remainder of the calendar month, meaning having to give up to 8 weeks. We did this after missing out on properties we could have moved to because of this admittedly contracted point. We were told no. Well actually, the first email we sent ignored this question - see point 5.
Then after we said absolutely not to the visit with less than 24 hours notice (point 2), and we were asked why and we said one reason was the lack of care for your existing tenants and pointed out the reasonable 4 week notice request, suddenly this was achievable if we relentled to the visit. So as for liaising to help us, the tenants, that is a little misleading.
We didn't call you back, we were busy finding a new home and, after having done that, we have nothing to achieve through further discussions.
Great personal service without hassle or being chased
If your face dont fit, this company will not help you at all, very biased and judgemental, no help whatsoever, always last viewings or always trying to put you off suitable properties. very disappointed seeing as we had weeks to find a property. with a reference, deposit and first months rent waiting. thanks guys