Dreadful from the beginning to the end, University Students DO NOT rent from this company, they care about getting your business but once they've got your money they don’t care. Here’s a list of reasons as to why not to use Dockside:
• Whenever I or my flat mate called them throughout the year we were told the person we wanted to speak to was out of the office and would give us a call back. We never received a call.
• When we moved into the flat the check in agent told us that the last tenants moved out hours prior, when we were told they’d been gone over a week before we moved in.
• The flat was not in a livable condition it was a state! The bathrooms, kitchens and bedrooms were disgusting despite having a £200 professional clean. We called Dockside and told them that we’d delay moving in for a week and wanted their cleaner to come back and clean properly. We returned in a week after being told that they’d come back and nothing had been done. My mother and I cleaned the flat and told them we’d take the filth to them at which point they turned up with a camera and started taking pictures after we’d cleaned.
• They took weeks to replace a broken coffee table, a microwave that had no front glass (very dangerous) and the hob which had a huge crack in it! Most of the furniture in the flat was in a below satisfactory condition, it even came with a broken sofa.
• They never replaced the bathroom mixer washer that allowed you to switch the bath between a shower and using the normal taps.
• In the living room the balcony doors were broken and had a huge gap beneath them, they didn't bother in trying to get these replaced, during winter we couldn't afford to even heat that room as all the heat was instantly lost.
• In year 2 after signing after extending our contract we were told we’d have to pay the inclusive water bill. This was despite us repeatedly asking was there going to be any change in the rent. Now if you now have to pay the included water bill doesn't that mean that your rent has now gone up?
• To pay for the contract renewal myself and my flatmate paid an extra £60 with our rent in year two. Several months later they sent us an overdue bill for this and attempted to charge us an admin fee as we hadn't paid this. It took us many hours on the phone (when we actually got through) until they backed down and admitted that it was their mistake.
• The oven thermostat broke and I asked for them to send someone to look at it, I took a day off from my work placement to be at the flat and no one turned up. I called and asked during the day and was told there was no record of me ever calling about the issue.
• When moving out despite the flat being a dump when we moved in, the person checking us out made a fuss over every little thing like a scuff mark on the floor and dust on a set of bedroom blinds. The person spent 3 to 4 hours nit picking on every little mark around the place (after two years of renting any property I’d expect to see the occasional small scuff mark), compared to the checking when she literally flew in and out the door in 30 minutes.
Overall I felt completely disappointed by Dockside Property Services, I never want to deal with them again. I have video evidence of the state of the flat when I moved in and when I moved out of the flat, in case there is any disagreement with this feedback.
Note to any people who own the properties that Dockside rent out for you, I’d recommend going to take a look at them yourselves not at the inventory check sheet that they send you!
2335 days ago