I have worked alongside Carter Jonas for many years on a number of projects of varying sizes, ranging from the more modest to the strategic. They provide first rate planning advice, coordinating comprehensive planning submissions with input from a wide range of technical disciplines. As a third party consultant, they are a pleasure to work with, for and alongside. I would have no hesitation in recommending their services.
Note of caution to Tenants – Avoid at all cost! - Only gave 1 star because I couldn’t give lower. Carter Jonas are a 1 sided estate agent that only represent the Owners and where Tenants are a commodity. They optimise the law in the owners favour and will extract the maximum money out of you while giving you the most 1 sided tenancy agreement possible. Basically act as the owners “muscle”. Dealt with them for 3 years as a tenant and hope to never deal with them again as a tenant or a potential landlord.
I have to say the team at Williams are brilliant. Our move should have been easy, however it was far from it for reasons outside of ours (or our buyers) control. Darryl, Tom and the team we're fantastic and I can't recommend them highly enough. Thank you for your patience (with us!) and your diligence (with them!)
Disgraceful so called estate agents, Rhiane and Carol were extremely rude and abusive,avoid at all costs. I would not recommend this agency to sell or let a property ! They both told so many lies so they could con me out money to take a property with them. I eventually tried Chancellors, different class of people wish I went there first.
Review for Nick Siequien.
Your agency has been brilliant from the beginning. Our property was sold within 2 weeks after putting it in the market as sole agency.
The conduct of your agency was brilliant and Nick Siequien was very professional and helpful throughout the whole process.
We would recommend your agency to anyone in your area.
Worst customer experience as a tenant of any letting agent. A severe lack of support, service, communication and professionalism. Be aware of your deposit,and the way they do the inventory at the beggining and then at the end. Also be aware of the hidden fees, and that you have to give your card details by phone, even your cvc. No, you can't pay there or online.
I will never use Haart letting again.
The whole team at King were fantastic! So professional, but also a warm and friendly service!
Genuinely felt like a valued customer, nothing was too much trouble, always available and efficient, and with a smile.
I would recommend Tom, Amelia and the rest of his team to anyone looking to move, and will be contacting them again for my next house move. Thanks guys!
We were referred to Tom King when we had to sell the house of my wife's recently deceased father. We live abroad so were worried about not being able to be actively involved in the process of the sale. Tom provided a level of service which was exceptional, and enabled us to achieve the sale. He did everything that we asked, and that he said he would do, was always ahead of the process and kept us fully informed and briefed without us ever needing to chase him. He also helped us in a number of things that were outside of the normal remit for an agent, for example arranging and overseeing the house clearance, and declined my offer to add in an administative cost, saying it was all part of the service!
We will be putting our own house on the market later this year and will unhesitatingly return to King Estate Agents to let them sell it for us.
We saw a 2 bed property we liked on Rightmove through Leaders and spoke with Claudia about viewing it. She was really approachable and considerate, giving us time to view the property without pressure, and we had secured the house by the end of the day. Claudia responds quickly to our correspondence and has been really helpful throughout. I would recommend Leaders and Claudia to anyone seeking a property to let in Milton Keynes.
Avoid at all costs. This is a rip-off agency, they are designed to take advantage of people and are crooks!!
I will keep it simple
1) This is landlord biased agency; they do not care for the tenant and make their money off the tenant for landlord at all costs. Thus you are disposable and will be treated unfairly and like complete crap.
2) This agency based on taking advantage of University of Buckingham students, they will demand 6 months rent upfront, security, and other fees because they know you are international and will be ripped off tremendously.
3) Random property inspections every 2-3 months just to “check up” forcing you to clean the place because they write how dirty it is in the report which gets sent to your landlord, etc making you look like a crap tenant on top of being ripped off. They take pictures of your rooms clothes and private areas in your apartment and send them off to landlord and other employees.
4) No price deceases on renewal even if neighboring properties (listed by same agent/owner) are being sold for fraction of the price. If you decide to end tenancy and move into the same property next door to save money, they charge you fees to do that which makes it not worth it.
5) These con artists know exams are every 6 months, so they only renew your property for 6 months because most likely you will not move out during exam term and end up being stuck with the same agency until you finish degree. They also will increase you rent strategically around exam time or when they know you are most likely to stay. They ask you 3 months in advance if your going to stay and list your property on sale right away and having people visit your place for months on end before you even left. Never tell them when you are leaving only at the minimum legally required time which is 1 month.
6) Security deposit is basically flushed down the drain. They pull out numbers out of their behind and like other reviews said, charge you £50 for a pencil mark on the desk and £180 for ‘carpet damage’ etc which may be there before you came. They will keep £200 from your deposit for cleaning, even if you pay for cleaning they will say it was not cleaned properly and still charge you £200!
7) The staff never responds to issues or maintenance issues, if you have no hot water, they will just say too bad as long as you get cold water enjoy your showers as legally they must provide water only.
8) They lie to you that a property isn’t available if they know you are willing and need to rent, thus, placing you into other crap properties that are hard to let, thus taking advantage of students by charging them high prices but putting them into properties that are hard to let due to bad conditions, etc. If you ask if property A is available, they will say no and say but B is, when in reality, both are available but because they know A is easier to let and you are a student, they will say A is not available and put you in B which is harder to let and in bad shape, since a lot of students have no choice and low inventory in general.
9) The electricity and water bills are hidden from the user, and once you sign the dotted line, you are stuck because some old properties have very high electricity and water bills and you are lied to told its only £10 etc when in reality they will come out to be £50/m or more.
10) I won’t bias you and name a different agency to go to. Instead, do your research, there are better friendlier and tenant based agencies around town that are 100x better than this agency. This place was called “faulkner” before, and was bad enough, but Leaders took over and turned this place even worse than before. Save your money, time and privacy and instead go to a different agency who actually respects tenants and students.