Did we buy & sell through Andrew Ward? Yes
At any point, was it a pleasant or professional experience? No
We had cause to complain before, during & after the transaction. Complaints were not resolved & were in fact dismissed by rude staff that had no understanding of customer service.
I could not recommend this agent to anyone.
Maria thank you for always being very helpful.
Alex always great to deal with
Very very rude agents. Just because I am a student does not give them the right to not listen to me and put down then phone for no reason other than they could not be bothered to help me. I have also stayed in one of there houses before and after getting very ill with mold growing up the walls they still took 4 months to come and rectify the issue. This was only resolved as I opened a case with the local counsil and fretented to sue. DO NOT USE THESE AGENTS. As I said they are very rude and do not deserve your bussiness.
We were extremely happy with the service we received from Mather Marshall when buying our first home. In particular the service we received from Sam was impeccable. From start to finish he was very helpful, going over and beyond to move things along smoothly in a timely manner. I would highly recommend their services.
Raffinee by Lola
If you scraped the bottom of the barrel you would come out with a more competent and capable set of workers than this estate agent. Personal experience as well as countless friends have led me to the conclusion that this is an estate agent to avoid at all costs. Unless of course you are prepared to lose at least 50% of your deposit; the majority of which is over damages prior to your tenancy. Surely an inventory would prove otherwise you may ask? Wrong. Inventories are down to the landlord, and from my experience no inventory was done, despite contrary claims. To save myself and the reader some time, bullet-pointed are just some of the key issues i found with Mather Marshall.
- Landlord (Joint owner of the estate agent) squares up to me in office and threatens me when confronted upon the issue of why the return of my deposit was 2 months late.
- During tenancy landlord/agent was called numerous times concerning various issues with the house such as faulty boiler. Nothing was done.
- Mold was growing in one of the rooms. The proposed solution? Keep window open all day (during winter!).
- Charge for wear and tear.
- Charge £66 for extremely cheap door handle.
- Charge over £1000 all together for redecoration due to a couple of blu-tack stains which were there prior to tenancy.
- Charge for "hole in wall". Once it was proved with pictures that the hole existed prior to the tenancy, charge was removed and another charge for scraped banister was added to compensate.
- General rudeness and inefficiency of staff prior to, during and after tenancy.
From the first day it was obvious that I would eventually have to settle matters through court which is exactly what happened. They charge students for the same things year in year out, putting deposits into their pocket and leaving the house in the same condition. Condition of the houses are shocking, landlords are nowhere to be seen during the tenancy and everywhere to be seen when the time comes to pocket deposits, and the staff couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery.
I feel like this is one of those estate agents that one picks out of naivety and thus only has the unfortunate experience of renting for a year. Never again. Underestimate their surreal incompetence at your peril.
Friendly, quick to answer any queries and generally enabled easy communications with landlord.
absolutely incompetent. still have not received my deposit form kings after 4 months and they take ages to reply to emails and always come up with excuses for not giving me my deposit. Awful experience overall with this estate agent and i strongly advice you to stay away from them.
Was told I had a viewing booked on a Friday. Caught a 2 hour train to view said house. Upon calling the estate agents I was told there was infact no viewing booked in their diary and was told to come tomorrow instead. Huge inconvenience as I travelled a long journey. Will not be contacting for service again.