Well where to start. Our initial viewing with Parker stag was not good. The guy told us even if our offer was accepted the property would still be continued to be marketed and have viewings but listed as under offer.
I was told that's what we do in Redcar? My partner and I were slightly uneasy as we have renovated lots of houses around the East of England and never came across this. We rang other Redcar estate agents to confirm this and they said that is not what they do!
Ok, roll on a further amount of time.....offer accepted with no more viewings. I found out the seller lived in Canada but I was reassured that would not hold up anything as the sellers parents who live local would sign documents???
Alarm bells rang and I contacted my solicitor to be informed that unless they had power of attorney they could not sign anything, which I had already guessed. Shouldnt experienced agents know this cannot happen legally? Its not rocket science to know you cannot sell a house you do not own on behalf of a relative.
Rang estate agents to be now told that the documents had a special overseas delivery service and would take a few days to return or if needed the seller would get on a plane to come back to sign......
I emailed the manageress an important question and got a response 5 days later! Holiday?
Then I got the searches back etc and the electrics needed work. I again emailed the manageress to let her know we would need this sorting asap as it wouldn't be too long before exchange of contracts. I made her fully aware of the exchange dates as everything was confirmed across parties and I needed to exchange so I didn't lose my buyers. Plus we needed to give in notices for jobs, book removals etc... the normal. I was assured everything would be back for exchange. I still have all the emails from Parker Stag.
I heard nothing back again about the electrics from the manageress so rang a further 5 days later.
Another sales person answered who said the manageress was on holiday but SHE would sort it. (No communication passed on). I was told the electrician was on holiday but back at the weekend and they would get it sorted. Roll on a further 6 days and I heard nothing. Rang again, this time that different sales lady was on holiday! and again nothing passed on to be sorted! Really!
11 days later from the original email, they said they had organised the work to be completed! I asked them as a matter of urgency to sort this in the original email........ridiculous! I got an email telling me to be patient and try not to to stress........lol. I wouldn't have been stressing if everyone had done their jobs! Instead of me constantly chasing Parker Stag. Very patronising to say the least.
Roll on a further few weeks and came to exchange day.
My buyers solicitor was ready to exchange so was I. As you can probably guess no contract arrived back from Canada in time to exchange, so we exchanged on our sale regardless as we did not want to lose our buyers.
We were furious to say the least. Someone just expected us to just keep waiting for it to arrive, keep our jobs on hold, not give firm commitments to removals etc and that was ok..... Absolutely NOT! We got a call from the solicitor 3 days after supposed exchange saying they now had the contract? which left us 1 working day to organise everything, NO WAY!
Stress, broken promises, no communication between staff, constant chasing by us was enough for us to pull out unless the sale price was now lowered. We felt messed about and no longer were willing to pay what the vendor wanted. The vendor refused our offer so we withdrew from the purchase. However, trying to salvage this, We then emailed them again to try to resurrect the sale and 12 days later no response......
Luckily we have found a better property for us so it was a blessing in disguise.
I can honestly say I have never delt with such a poor estate agent in my life and we have used many. In my opinion, their dealing with the process was unacceptable to say the least. No doubt they will reply with some excuse.....cant wait.......
653 days ago