As first time buyers in the UK, we needed a lot of help and guidance. Evren and Michael made sure we got that. At the viewing, Evren quickly noticed what our priorities were and answered all our questions in a honest and trustworthy way. He made us feel very comfortable and confident in moving forward with the purchase.
All communication with Evren and Michael has been impeccable. Every phone call or mail has been answered within a day and throughout the process, we have always felt respected and listened to - no matter the quantity or kind of questions we have had.
Michael has guided us through the massive “jungle” it is to buy a property and the collaboration between seller, solicitors, and us has been handled with extremely professionalism by Michael.
Even though our purchase at times was quite stressful, Michael’s ability to see and sense our needs during the process made a big difference and we have not, at any moment, felt insecure or uncomfortable.
Thank you Michael.
All the best from Nanna and Thomas
36 days ago
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
1919 days ago