SEVERE health and safety risks.
I would advise anyone planning on dealing with property sales or lettings to think again, I have never experienced such lack of professionalism in my life and I am sickened at the treatment I have received.
I am in the process of reporting Taylor Robinson to The Property Ombudsman.
Jack Hickey showed us the property and requested the whole flat to be cleared of all leftover rubbish before we moved in.
I was made to drive 20 miles to pick up my key, to which I found when I arrived back at the property, were in fact the incorrect set.
It was only because I made Ben Cannon drop me the keys the next day that I was then allowed into my flat. He was happy to have made me wait 3 days before I could get into my flat.
I was not invited for the inventory, which was odd considering I have been asked to be present for every other check in, but it was abundantly clear as to why this was the case once we had entered the property.
Jack Hickey was present to assist whomever it was doing the inventory so he was fully aware that 2 days before the move in, nothing had been removed from the flat and it was in a diabolical state.
When Ben Cannon arrived with the keys, I was able to see that all of the rubbish was still in the property. Ben told me the closest time he could get this sorted was also Monday. It was only because I demanded the flat be sorted that day that he eventually sorted this out.
None of the safety checks had been completed as there was no gas or electricity.
I was left with £60+ debt for the electricity and £20+ debt for the gas.
With this, the only way I could use any electricity or gas was to top up however much, and 90% of what I paid would be used towards powering this flat.
I spent £20 on gas to get £2 worth of usage.
It was lucky I stayed around for the meter to update because whoever had done the inventory had taken the gas valve off so it was leaking copious amount of gas into the road.
I had to call the emergency gas man to come out, to which he could not stress enough how many peoples lives were put at risk if I hadn't noticed the gas leak.
The fridge freezer was covered in thick black mould inside, thus meaning I could not store any food until a new one was ordered and delivered.
This was not sorted out by Taylor Robinson nor the landlord, but the landlords son, who thankfully owns the shop at the bottom of the road so he worked efficiently to get this sorted for us, it was NOT his job to do so.
There are a total of 9 windows in this flat, not including the sky lights. Only 3 of these windows you can open. 2 of which you cannot lock shut.
The fire alarms were not tested in this property and even though they are battery powered, they are broken.
There is a smoke vent in the communal hallway that has had a flashing warning light since I moved in. I moved into this property in January, it is now November. This is a severe health and safety risk that no one has sorted after myself sending countless emails about it.
At first all of my complaints were being dealt with (I use that term extremely loosely) by Ben Cannon.
But after sending a number of complaints and realising that Ben would not admit anything in writing, I asked for the manager to be involved.
Lawrence Taylor is the Director and I am absolutely disgusted by the attitude we have received.
I have called up weekly (even daily at times) to resolve these issues and he has passed on a message to whoever answers the phone to me, that he is not in the office.
I have sent numerous emails, weekly (also daily at times), to which he has been ignoring for the best part of 9 months.
I have even conducted emails for Lawrence Taylor to respond quite easily to with regards to the grievances since we have moved in, and he seems completely incapable of giving me any sort of response... I do understand though that once he has put anything in writing he knows he and his company are completely at fault and can get into a lot of trouble so this makes a lot of sense.
1728 days ago