Proper estate agents who dispense sensible advice and deliver a quality service. To be fair I had a different perception prior to using them but this was quickly dispelled. They delivered what they promised and very unusually for me I felt that I got good value for money from the fee I paid.
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
Super quick & easy process. I came away from signing our contract thinking we had missed something because it was so simple & painless. The property we are renting is beautiful & Chase Buchanan seem like a really good & efficient estate agents so far!
Can't wait to get moved in!
These dreadful agents, didn't show up for arranged viewings, then I lost a property on the day of exchange to another Chase Bucanon client who was being looked after by another negotiator in the same office. Should be struck off!! Didn't even call to say sorry! Rude and incompetent at best. Avoid
The team at Chase Buchanan went above and beyond both in the marketing of my property and the arrangements after the sale was agreed; nothing was too much trouble. I was kept well informed throughout the whole process and had a relatively 'hassle-free' sale. Thank You.
Hassle free process from the beginning, Kerry and Abdul were both very helpful and great service. Kerry's communication was great. The Concierge team communication could have been a little better just in terms of letting you know that they are still waiting on information in some cases... but on the whole a much more positive experience than that of my previous agency.