Extremely helpful and pleasant staff. You are always welcomed with a smile when visiting the Kew Lettings office.
As to their ability at finding excellent tenants and providing a market valuation, market conditions their service is second to none.
Fraser & Melanie were amazing throughout our move . Everything was very smooth and easy. I highly recommend Featherstone Leigh in Richmond.
Avoid these rippers. They only care about squeezing your deposit to the minimum, neglect managing the flat at all and the appaling communication we had with them is just the top of the iceberg. Avoid at any chance !
A very helpful and supportive team. I am now a happy homeowner thanks to Edward and his colleagues at Knight Frank Richmond.
After having seen something like 60 flats with other agents I finally got to the point with Knight Frank as I they understood my needs and did not waste my time visiting other random properties. This was great!...
On the other hand... the aftermath was quite painful/annoying unfortunately.
The information received from the Agency revealed to be really imprecise on some aspects of the technical features of the flat (even though reportedly passed by their clients), definitely demonstrating some quite shallow technical knowledge which one would not expect from a name as Knight Frank.
As soon as I walked into the Sheen branch of James Anderson the guys did everything they could to help me. I directly dealt with Hugh. He was extremely helpful and answered everything I needed to know. He also was very prompt to viewings as well as replying to emails, phone calls etc. I would definitely go back and use these guys again.
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
Excellent service every step of the way. Really looked after us. Can't recommend enough.
Since Oakhills took over as lettings agency for my neighboring property, I have had nothing but trouble. Their selection of tenants, to whom I have to give right of way, have absolutely no respect and have caused irreparable damage to my property. Also valuable items have been stolen and the behaviour has been extremely anti-social. At no point have the agency sought to help and have they ahve denied any responsibility, despite the evidence I have shown. I never had any problems when the previous agents were managing the property
I would advise any potential landlords to be very wary of using this agency.
James Matthews was so good when we sold my mother's flat that we went back to him and Whitman & Co when we had another difficult property to sell. Exceptionally good and knowledgeable, they deserve their reputation as the best Estate Agent in Chiswick.
In the process of renting a house with Whitman & Co - it's been a nightmare dealing with the estate agent. Perfect house, and we're excited to move in, however Whitman & Co are unprofessional, very fraught in their communication in the sense that one person says one thing and another will say another thing, and overall very difficult to get a hold of. I call and ask for a callback, only to call back 45 mins later and be told that person has gone to lunch - very poor ethic. Only giving 2 stars as the house is great, other than that they are unable to do their job professionally.