We recently shifted to London and contacted a number of estate agents. Thankfully we met Carlo Crismann through Foxtons Chiswick, who helped us in this. Also as the property is professionally managed by them, even after shifting he and his colleagues were too helpful in explaining what we needed to do and were always available to answer any questions we had.
Terrible company. Only interested in profit. Eventually had to release us from tenency early due to extreme damp in property after involving the local council. Before we did they were completely unhelpful and only seemed to care before you sign a contract. Terrible customer service. My "account manager" Alan was totally incompetent and very rude. He had poor communication skills and let us down on countless occasions. Saying he would call then wouldn't bother. Do not use Foxtons.
I was looking for a new flat, I just left my request and contact details and after a few weeks they proposed me the right one.
Since the beginning Sam has been really kind and professional showing us the flat and all the team has been very quick in the whole process. Really satisfied!
Quite poor service for tenants -
1) Communication is really slow and sometimes confusing.
2) They tried to make us paying for damages in the property which were already there before we checked in and that were reported in the inventory
3) They tried to make us paying for a sofa they bought (and they forgot about it)
4) Watch up for clause 4.1.5 as they will make you pay at the end of the tenancy an initially undisclosed fee for "preparation for checkout". In our case it was 100 pounds.
5) they hire bad contractors for fixing problems in the house. Our windows were poorly fixed 4 times and systematically broke again.
Thanks to Saleem Douglas I have found the perfect home! I've always wanted to live in the borough of Richmond but didn't know much about the area. Having an agent that could support me in the process and listen to my needs made the process as smooth as possible, something much needed when moving to a new area. I will be sure to return when I am looking to upgrade in the future. Thank you again.
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
Chestertons (specifically Daniel Killick) were supremely helpful in the sale of my Kew Bridge apartment. They explained things clearly, kept me updated, and handled the logistical complexities (I live overseas) efficiently, professionally and flexibly. I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Honest advice and a smooth sale. Thank you Daniel and Zachary for all your help.
James Shipstone House, Radford Road,New Basford,Nottingham
Got a nice PC for half of the market price. The other day I purchased a camera that was faulty, but it was my decision not to view it before I made the bid.
Come and view your items before you make a bid.
Worst customer services l have came across no answer to emails or contact on phone sorry can't help. Can say anything about items l bought as l never received anything. All a con don't bother with this company untrustworthy. See you in small claims court
Robert and team provided us with excellent service throughout the sales process. As well as working hard to obtain some good offers on our property they were always positive, cheerful and acted with integrity. We would definitely recommend them.
A thoroughly stressful and unpleasant experience using Laurels. Rob at Laurels repeatedly let us down whilst marketing our property, Was unresponsive, often not responding to calls or emails. We have some suspicions of being misled or worse, lied to, regarding offers received on our property. I should stress these are suspicions at this stage and investigations into this are ongoing. In our opinion, the poor service from Rob at Laurels cost us a perfect home to move into and almost lost the seller of this home thousands of pounds through loss of a deposit. My personal recommendation would be to save yourself the stress and hassle and go with agents with a long track record of excellent customer service. In Epsom, Cairds are a much better agent in my opinion and charge the same fees as Laurels, or Greenfields in the Surbiton area. Please don’t be misled by the notion that Laurels are much cheaper than well established High Street Agents are this certainly wasn’t the case in my experience. My advice, avoid.