We had a very good experience with Featherstone Leigh in terms of renting a property. What impressed us most was Ashleigh who went out of her way to look at certain details for us and prioritised us when we most needed it.
Avoid these rippers. They only care about squeezing your deposit to the minimum, neglect managing the flat at all and the appaling communication we had with them is just the top of the iceberg. Avoid at any chance !
I have recently worked with James Andersons at East Sheen as the landlord of a property in the area and have been extremely pleased with their professionalism and advice at every stage of the process. As a team they are very helpful, highly motivated and provide excellent support. I moved to this office from another letting agent and am glad that I did so. Thanks to all of them for a great service, I look forward to continuing our relationship for the long term!
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
Ginny @Kew Gardens has been great help getting problem solved and follows-up with email conformations. This is perfect for busy lifestyles and very much appreciated. Thank you!
BRILLIANT TEAM - Great Outcome.
Great engagement, professional and successful.
Having used other estate agents in the area, I was starting to believe the common estate agent views - pretty much the same, apathetic, overpriced....
But this was NOT the case with Marc and his team at Dexters (Kew). I could not fault them in anyway and would highly recommend them. They stood head and shoulders above other estate agents.
They provided regular updates and checked-in on a regular basis. They marketed professionally and found me great tenants.
I would not hesitate to use them again.