Colin at KFH did a brilliant job of taking care of our tenancy, over the past 5 years, and we are truly grateful for his expertise and knowledge. When we needed advice, his could give the correct information, as a result of his experience. He was always polite and courteous, and resolved issues promptly and efficiently. Many thanks.
I would suggest both tenants and landlords to avoid dealing with KFH at all costs. We rented a property in Belsize Park managed by KFH and experienced a lot of issues in just a year, including illegal actions from their side. Here are the details:
- KFH agent illegally entered the property during our tenancy. One of their agents was keen to show the property to someone about 5 weeks before we were due to move out and decided to do so without giving a 24 hour notice as per the contract (he didn't give any notice at all) which caused us a distress (we are a family with a young child).
- KFH is not careful with personal data. After we moved out one of their clerks sent us confidential details that were supposed to be sent to new tenants of the property (tenancy agreement, deposit protection details etc.)
- KFH ignored conditions of the offer that were included in the contract. We specifically discussed some of the repairs we wanted to be done and included them into both offer terms and tenancy agreement. Upon move in we realised the repairs were not done and it took us about a week of chasing before any actions proceeded from their side even though they were in clear breach of contract.
- Tenancy agreement has illegal clauses. Their contracts are not up to date with recent legislations - we were asked to pay a greater amount in council tax that council itself would accept from us.
- KFH kept holding our security deposit for 7.5 weeks after the move out date without giving any proposals for deductions or informative communication. After 6 weeks of chasing them we received deduction proposals that should've have taken no more than a week to be made up.
- KFH didn't ensure the property is clean for move in. We basically moved in with a young child to a dirty property with hairs and dust all over the place, condoms under the bed and mould in bathroom. We had to urgently organise cleaning at our own expense and seek reimbursement later.
- KFH fees to tenants are unreasonably high. £300 for the renewal of the contract is just one of the examples. For the poor service they provide this is unacceptable.
- KFH managing agents are extremely slow at communication when an issue arises. In some cases our urgent requests were ignored for days.
- KFH wastes tenant's time and landlord's money. As we are landlords in London ourselves we could see how inefficiently they deal with some of the issues sending several contractors to get quotes (4 was our record), performing cheapest possible repairs and not keeping landlord fully aware of the repairs that have been done. KFH managing agents also performed a routine property visit just a week before our move out - a service that landlord pays for as part of their property management service and which was completely useless to the landlord at this point since they will have received a check out report in a week's time anyway.
- KFH poorly markets properties. Be prepared to let lots of people through your door when you decide to move out as a tenant. There were about 30 viewings (one without any notice as mentioned above) of the property as we continued staying there before they finally managed to let it to someone. The process of finding new tenants took them nearly 2 months despite the price being in line with the market. As someone renting out a property in London myself, I can see it's simply a matter of inefficient work from their side. Some of the people who came to view had zero interest in the property - so why bring them here in the first place?
KFH were great - friendly, helpful and quick to respond to any questions. We dealt with Andre & Carla and they got us through the move pretty much painlessly. Thanks!
Very rude, incompetent staff.
Khan Cohen in particular. Assisted landlord in trying to scam me out of my deposit.
Once entered my flat without permission as they mistook it for another flat they were selling me. Scared the living daylights out of me.
Avoid at all costs.
In response, the deposit scheme did not find in the landlord's favour.
Khan Cohen assisted the landlord in producing a forged invoice from her own company.
Thanks for your response ????
Jamal was fantastic. He went the extra mile to ensure that we were able to rent the property that we wanted and helped us with all relevant documentation. Jamal responded very quickly to our emails and questions and therefore the process went very smoothly.
No idea how anyone is reviewing Foxtons so highly but couldn’t be further from my experience with them. Not by choice I’ve had to deal with Foxtons Camden branch for the past 3 years and they have been consistently poor. Vital contract renewal information was never sent out, they don’t even attempt to stick to appointment times and they let themselves into a property without my permission causing great embarrassment to me and their customer.
Everyone I know who’s dealt with Foxtons has similar stories to this and I’ve never heard a good thing said about them. Protect yourselves and stay away.
My wife and I were very satisfied with a service provided by Complete, this agency deserves 5 without question. Nice, professional and responsive, ideal for people who care about what they get for their money. I can only recommend our agent Jody, as we had some unexpected issues during tenancy, but she always handled them very responsibly and in short time. I would also like to thank to Reni, who was dealing with us initially and helping us to set up the contract! Thank you both!
*** The one star is only as this is the lowest rating possible. This agency should have Negative stars **
Complete prime residential more like completely bloody incompetent. It has been T H R E E MONTHS since I’ve moved out of the apartment they manage and I have not received my deposit back. Furthermore they tried to charge me for inventory that I did NOT take. I have sent COUNTLESS emails chasing them for MY MONEY. Their unprofessionalism is so bloody astounding that they did not even perform an inventory check at the beginning of the tenancy or at any point of time during the 9 months I lived in their godforsaken property. Nor did they inform me of the problems this property had. Muliptle leaks THROUGHOUT the year. Sounds like negligence?
Do not under any circumstances deal with this agency. Landlords should find a new one to manage your precious investments. As this agency will only frustrate both landlords and tenants.
Thorough and diligent process to secure a rental property within a week from viewing to collecting the keys. Dealt with Kamen in the entirety of the application and have been very pleased with the process' speed and diligence.
A new office location for Dexters who had taken over my previous letting agency. I dealt mainly with Alex for finding a new tenant. The service was smooth, I was kept informed about viewings and they found a good tenant in the required time. The company, in particular Colin Neale, also helped with, and he was very pro-active in handling, a non paying tenant, which was resolved satisfactory due to his persistence.