"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.
2014 days ago