We were lucky enough to find our dream home with the help of Phil Coombes this summer. H&G have an amazing portfolio of properties in West London and have an intimate knowledge of the area. Phil helped put together a really great list of potential places and himself showed us around with no stone unturned and no loft unexplored. He is knowledgeable and friendly and as a buyer makes you feel that he cares about your interests too. Also because of Phil the negotiation phase was smooth, and he kept all sides updated as we went through to exchange, always available to answer any queries or provide more information. Recommend highly.
Simon J R Holmes
My experience with Horton & Garton is that the company acts dishonestly, is poorly organised and has people who are apathetic about their jobs. I will elaborate on what I mean by that below. Also, John, the owner of the business threatens to sue at the prospect of sharing bad experiences with other customers, which I believe hides a slew of negative reviews that could be written about this bottom tier estate agency. You can get much better service with other agents, particularly in Hammersmith which is a very competitive market.
- Renting property through Horton & Garton.
- Was attempting to arrange moveout.
- Removed everything but a few valuable items that were difficult to move but could have easily been moved with some notice
- Ashley from Horton and Garton was actively marketing the property on the basis of these items being included. He and colleagues would say to prospects that these items are included
- Apathetic: Weeks before move out I attempted to clarify the situation about leaving items in the property but that agent, Agatha, did not respond to my emails. This was a consistent theme across the cast of several people who wouldn't cut it in any other environment beyond a third tier estate agency
- Poorly organised: Two days before the end of the tenancy I was told that the items would need to go, which was not enough time for me to donate the items to charity. The items could have very easily been contributed to the British Heart Association but because of these muppets being disorganised, everybody had to lose
- Dishonest: At that point, Ashley denied that he marketed the property on the basis of the items being included in the property
- I complained about this topic and was met with John who is can best be described as a self-important, arrogant chav proud in the fact that he created a third rate shady little estate agency
- Then, he threatened to file litigation against me at the prospect of me raising my concern around these issues with other prospective customers and business partners
- I hope that John does so that this third rate agency and its otherwise unemployable staff can be exposed for what they are
After a few challenging and unpleasant experiences with other estate agents, dealing with Whitman & Co was on a completely different level. Andrew was honest, straightforward and supportive during the whole process, which proved to be quite frustrating.
Next time I need an estate agent, I know where I'll be going.
Thank you so much for the top quality service.
In the process of renting a house with Whitman & Co - it's been a nightmare dealing with the estate agent. Perfect house, and we're excited to move in, however Whitman & Co are unprofessional, very fraught in their communication in the sense that one person says one thing and another will say another thing, and overall very difficult to get a hold of. I call and ask for a callback, only to call back 45 mins later and be told that person has gone to lunch - very poor ethic. Only giving 2 stars as the house is great, other than that they are unable to do their job professionally.
Blair has been extremely helpful, professional and kind and has gone out of his way to find the right home for us. He really listens to his clients to find what it is they want and goes above and beyond the call of duty.
Thank you so much Blair, you are a star!!
The worst experience we've had with an estate agent. We arranged to view a flat at a certain time. We had to call the agent to see why nobody came at the appointed time. We were assured they were on their way. We waited 15 minutes before anyone arrived. Eventually two young women arrived without explanation but did not have the keys. They said someone else would be arriving and they knew nothing, as they "only work on Saturdays" as if that explained it all. The next woman arrived, by this time twenty minutes late, with another client. She walked right past us with no explanation nor apology and proceeded to enter the building with the other client. It appeared as if she expected us to follow her in. In the circumstances we had no inclination to do so and we left, having wasted a journey and at least an hour of our time on a Saturday afternoon.
Great service form start to finish, very professional and customer focused staff who handled all aspects with superb efficiency and often went above and beyond in order to keep things on track throughout the whole process as well as keeping my updated the whole way through. I would have no hesitation in recommending Camerons Stiff & Co to anyone looking to either buy or sell a property
Absolutely appalling service from Camerons Stiff. Incompetent to say the least!
Amazing customer service from James & Hollie. Really went out of their way to make the moving process comfortable and stress free. Would definitely recommend them to other friends moving into the West London area.
The staff here are amazing. The sale wouldn't have gone through without them going the extra mile. Harry in particular was very helpful through out the process.