The sale process was complicated but no fault of Chancellors. We were impressed by the team and especially Areza who was knowledgeable and extremely enthusiastic. We are very happy at our new home
Please don't use these guys unless you enjoy poor service.
this is an honest review, Its just briefly what I suffered with
1.Take one office and fill It full of children.
2. Give them access to your most valued asset.
3. let them over price it.
4. let them show many, many people into your one bed flat who are looking for something completely different? hence no offers.
5. Near expect them to reply to your phone calls, they don't and wont pass your message on to each other. hmm I wonder why?
6. When you do except the now lower offer, its time to enjoy the Bracknell head branch experience. here they do their best to forget who you are or email the sale note to the wrong solicitor 4 time in a row costing me 3 weeks of delays. magic.
7. You will love the Brachnell experience, nothing like personal service with up 80 clients per person dealing with your very stressful solicitor details when they can be bothered.
8. If your very lucky your buyer will use their recommended solicitor who only looks at your case each Friday. lovely time saving tip. plus he has no holiday cover when he's off. Im told snail racing is quicker.
9. Giggle to yourself when their financial adviser you have to see offer you a mortgage you all ready found but with out his £500 added on top. because he believe he is quick than the banks at getting a mortgage. I had my mortgage agreed with my bank in under two days, and no advisor fee. strange that?
10. Its all falls apart. might have some thing to do with my buyer solicitor they advised him to use. strange that?
11. Except a new offer on you house then to find out the next day that the buyer who agreed was temped to buy a bigger house when chancellor child found out how much more they could afford to spend. looking for commission possibly.
12. And I leave the best for last, they don't know anything about you property when they show clients around. do your home work kids and stop playing on your phones. my agent thank me when I was home because I knew so much about my property.
13. one agent didn't even open the curtains while showing clients around.
would you trust your valued asset to kids.
I don't think I would - I change estate agent and sold my property with a lot of help from my new agent who also dealt with all the solicitor affair in office. not miles away in Bracknell.
Charlotte was flexible, responsive and extremely personable in arranging and executing our viewing. Such a pleasure to discuss a property with an enthusiastic and genuine human being! If she is reflective of the quality of all Chancellors staff, we’ll be very pleased if the house we’re considering with them goes to completion!
Our experience as prospective buyers with the Botley branch (not other branches) is that they took a significant amount of time to (or wouldn’t) respond to emails, and when called, would say that they would get someone to call back, but this never happened.
1/2 Bank Court Chambers 60 Between Towns Road, Cowley
Excellent service by the whole team especially by Sanal Sundaresan who provided the real time updates about the process. Highly recommend :)
Thank you to everyone at Connells for helping us sell our house! Demi in particular was a great help and support in the closing weeks of our house sale - quick to respond to our questions, calm, friendly and clear in her communication. We'd recommend Connells in Cowley to others!
Joe and his team were absolutely amazing! As a first time seller and with the current market situation I was quite anxious but they made it all very easy. They were knowledgeable, trustworthy and very accommodating with all my special requests. I'm so grateful for all the extra effort they put into selling my house.
The sheer incompetence of Chancellors is breathtaking. It's took them over a month after our move in date to send us a contract, and a year later when it was time to move out, it took them over a month to send us our full deposit back (minus an admin fee??). Our landlord got so sick of Chancellors constant fees for nothing in return, he decided to ditch them and go private. If we encountered any problems with the property or appliances, we contacted the landlord directly as talking to Chancellors was like talking to a brick wall and would probably result in some sort of admin fee.
To summerize.... avoid. There are plenty of other letting agencies in Oxford.
The team at Martin and Co are always super efficient and have helped us find our ideal house. We dealt with Rob Westwell at the Oxford branch, who is always very friendly, and really helped to lead us through our first time renting a house, along with just becoming a friendly face for us all. The house we ended up renting was based upon his recommendation and we couldn't be happier with it. Huge thanks to Rob and all the team at Martin and Co.
Rude staff!! All they care about it getting their money!! After nearly 5 months of telling them we are going to different estate agent they still keep sending tenancy agreement for a house we have viewed with them... and its every day late at night! ...
They kept twisting my words to make me a person who is at wrong.. they were telling different things every time they contacted me..... hate them and NOT recommending them at all!!!!! Avoid them at all costs!! Bunch of liars!!!!
Really good experience as agents go in Oxford. We had Ellie who knew exactly what we wanted in a student house and made everything so easy. Thank you so much
If you rent privately through Premier you pay a great deal of money for the privilege of being treated like a piece of s**t.
If you're lucky you get rude and unhelpful responses to your queries, although often they will simply ignore you.
Unless you can afford a solicitor to enforce your rights as a tenant (which you probably can't if you have to rent from a third-rate business like Premier), they will regularly and blatantly ignore their contractual obligations. So be prepared to encounter strangers poking around your flat if you return from work unexpectedly during the day ("Didn't Premier tell you we were coming?" - they usually don't), or having to climb over bicycles, discarded furniture and bags of rubbish blocking the communal areas on your way to the front door or your flat.
Oxford is generally kinder to its students and visitors than to its permanent residents, and Premier is a depressing example of this issue.