I have been renting through Jon Rosi for the last 5 years now and have never had any cause for complaint. The team in the office have always been so friendly, helpful and kind. I've been particularly impressed with how well they have adapted throughout 2020, ensuring us as tenants are still being supported in whatever way we've needed. Their responses to any maintenance issues we may have, have been so efficient and the communication has always been clear. Having rented through 4 different agencies now in Reading, there is a reason I have remained with Jon Rosi for so long!
245 days ago
Was letting from this agent between 2008 and 2010. A list of points.
- Did not prepare the property by the agreed move-in date, leaving me and then-housemates forced to live in B and B for a week.
- Left us without a working oven for three months over winter 2008 despite several calls, emails and visits to the office each week. Required the threat of legal action to get them moving.
- Refused to fix unworking heating for two years despite numerous requests, citing that we had 'accepted the property as presented' during our viewing on a hot July day.
- During said viewing, strategically moved a chair to block the prominent hole in the front wall. This chair had moved magically by the move-in date.
- Did not relay on maintenance requests to the landlady. Allowed an already dilapidated property to fall into ruin (stair carpet coming up from the boards, room carpets disintegrating etc) and then attempted to blame us for not 'looking after' the property.
- Turned up on the wrong day for property inspections on three occasions (despite this being against the requirement to give 24 hours notice) and then had the nerve to criticise our management of the (falling apart) property.
- Presented us with an inventory so inaccurate that I can to contest almost every single item on it - they had clearly just recycled an old inventory from years before and not bothered to do a new one (despite charging for it). Upon leaving the property we were charged for 'items missing' using the original inventory rather than my amended one.
- Left an abandoned car in our driveway for a year despite having promised to remove it. I eventually organised for it to be removed myself.
- Resorted to intimidation and threats in more than half of all interactions (after they had our money).
This is just what comes to mind off of the top of my head several years later. There was more. Would never, ever use this company for any reason, no matter how good the property looks.
EDIT: take a look at the way that the MD responds to poor reviews by throwing accusations, claiming that complainants were not real tenants, whining about his hurt feelings and generally acting in a matter unfitting for a person in that position. Consider whether you want to deal with someone who resorts to such tactics in public. Imagine what depravities he would sink to when he has your money and the threat of eviction to level.
1462 days ago