Avoid at all costs. This is a rip-off agency, they are designed to take advantage of people and are crooks!!
I will keep it simple
1) This is landlord biased agency; they do not care for the tenant and make their money off the tenant for landlord at all costs. Thus you are disposable and will be treated unfairly and like complete crap.
2) This agency based on taking advantage of University of Buckingham students, they will demand 6 months rent upfront, security, and other fees because they know you are international and will be ripped off tremendously.
3) Random property inspections every 2-3 months just to “check up” forcing you to clean the place because they write how dirty it is in the report which gets sent to your landlord, etc making you look like a crap tenant on top of being ripped off. They take pictures of your rooms clothes and private areas in your apartment and send them off to landlord and other employees.
4) No price deceases on renewal even if neighboring properties (listed by same agent/owner) are being sold for fraction of the price. If you decide to end tenancy and move into the same property next door to save money, they charge you fees to do that which makes it not worth it.
5) These con artists know exams are every 6 months, so they only renew your property for 6 months because most likely you will not move out during exam term and end up being stuck with the same agency until you finish degree. They also will increase you rent strategically around exam time or when they know you are most likely to stay. They ask you 3 months in advance if your going to stay and list your property on sale right away and having people visit your place for months on end before you even left. Never tell them when you are leaving only at the minimum legally required time which is 1 month.
6) Security deposit is basically flushed down the drain. They pull out numbers out of their behind and like other reviews said, charge you £50 for a pencil mark on the desk and £180 for ‘carpet damage’ etc which may be there before you came. They will keep £200 from your deposit for cleaning, even if you pay for cleaning they will say it was not cleaned properly and still charge you £200!
7) The staff never responds to issues or maintenance issues, if you have no hot water, they will just say too bad as long as you get cold water enjoy your showers as legally they must provide water only.
8) They lie to you that a property isn’t available if they know you are willing and need to rent, thus, placing you into other crap properties that are hard to let, thus taking advantage of students by charging them high prices but putting them into properties that are hard to let due to bad conditions, etc. If you ask if property A is available, they will say no and say but B is, when in reality, both are available but because they know A is easier to let and you are a student, they will say A is not available and put you in B which is harder to let and in bad shape, since a lot of students have no choice and low inventory in general.
9) The electricity and water bills are hidden from the user, and once you sign the dotted line, you are stuck because some old properties have very high electricity and water bills and you are lied to told its only £10 etc when in reality they will come out to be £50/m or more.
10) I won’t bias you and name a different agency to go to. Instead, do your research, there are better friendlier and tenant based agencies around town that are 100x better than this agency. This place was called “faulkner” before, and was bad enough, but Leaders took over and turned this place even worse than before. Save your money, time and privacy and instead go to a different agency who actually respects tenants and students.
1595 days ago