The team at Knight Frank did a great job in the sale of our mother's house recently. James was our main contact and from the start we were impressed by his warmth, his understanding of our situation, his experience and also his local and wider knowledge. He gave good advice and explained the reasons for it at every stage and wasn't too pushy.
The marketing and sale process was handled very well by all the team. The people we had most contact with were James, Edward, Monique and Hannah. They were professional, helpful and clear in their communications at all times. The sale was completed in a very satisfactory way and we would happily recommend Knight Frank to others.
After having seen something like 60 flats with other agents I finally got to the point with Knight Frank as I they understood my needs and did not waste my time visiting other random properties. This was great!...
On the other hand... the aftermath was quite painful/annoying unfortunately.
The information received from the Agency revealed to be really imprecise on some aspects of the technical features of the flat (even though reportedly passed by their clients), definitely demonstrating some quite shallow technical knowledge which one would not expect from a name as Knight Frank.
We continue to be impressed by KFH - excellent service each time we have used the company (renting, buying, selling and surveyors). Oliver Woodward has recently sold our flat and was very professional to deal with through the process. Perceptive in how to manage and communicate with customers and what their requirements are.
Jennifer runs a very good team and they know the area very well. Highly recommended.
I have always managed my Saturday viewings so that my schedule is properly arranged. Unfortunately I have been waiting at one property for more than 15 mins without anyone contacting me. I called the office just to find out that this property is under offer!! No email, no phone call or voice mail to let me know about the situation before that. She asked me whether I still want to view the second property as booked with the same person and I agreed. I have been waiting at the front of the property for awhile which is fine. I asked about the details. She said is Illegal to tell me how much for service charge and ground rent. She will email to me later. Noticing my shocked face..She asked “any problems?”(With a serious face) - I do not see any point of arguing with her. Until now I have not received any email from her about the details of the property as promised. I have wasted a lot of time with someone that is unprofessional and has an attitude problem! I definitely not deal with this branch anymore.
P.s.Basic manners is important. Please learn how to say apologies or sorry - it would be appreciated more than saying
Helpful, professional, friendly and on the ball. A real pleasure to work with the staff. Sian Millward is always always prepared to deal with any problem you may have and deals with it swiftly and appropriately. A+ service
I purchased a property from them 12 months ago. There was a long chain. At all times I was kept regularly updated on the status of the chain which gave me great comfort the purchase was going to complete. Lianne Hall was extremely helpful throughout the process. All in all a very good experience with D & G
We sold through Sally/Daniel at KFH Putney and bought with Lucy/Linda at KFH Wimbledon. Both offices were very efficient and moved the sale and purchase transactions forward when required. Response to email and telephone queries was always prompt. Would recommend and would use again.
After having a negative experience with a different estate agent, KFH provided an excellent service helping us find our perfect house to rent. Joe was always available to answer any questions or queries and reassure us throughout the process. I would 100% recommend the Putney Hill branch of KFH.
Me and my missus have been looking around a while now, not being able to find anything or find anyone who was really that helpful, but when we visited these guys we got chatting with one of their letting agents, his name was Fozley T I believe? Really helpful, knew his stuff and wasnt pushy in the slightest, which was a refreshing change from everyone else we've spoken too so far. We haven't been able to find the right place just yet but no doubt will be checking in here until we do. Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated!
"Ripping off optimized" is the opinion we ended with regarding James Anderson estate agents. We have rented in England for 11+ years, in and out of London. The one year spent in a flat managed by James Anderson was remarkably a worse experience. Hence this review.
Summarizing some highlights:
· About two days prior moving into the flat, James Anderson tried to change the agreed to terms of the tenancy and increase the rent! We were obviously vacating the previous place and had nowhere to go. It was extortion.
· The rented flat was in fifth floor of Deanhill court in East Sheen and accessed via a lift. The lift started breaking down frequently, which meant we had to use the service access stairs on a regular basis. These stairs are outside the building and was not safe for our kid. We asked to move out of flat before the end of the tenancy period. But James Anderson held us to the full term. We agree that was the contract. But our opinion that James Anderson could have been more considerate.
· When it came to advertising the flat at the end of our tenancy, they advertised using outdated photos (more than two years old) and information (e.g. claiming the oven used daily for a year as new). A James Anderson representative stated advertising with such outdated photos is not legal but a “grey” area.
· It took James Anderson more than seven weeks to return the undisputed amount of the tenancy deposit!
· Our opinion that James Anderson made unfair claims on the tenancy deposit. This lead to a disputed claim which was later handled via a dispute resolution service.
· The produced checkout inventory was clearly doctored. This was obvious as it contained photos taken at a much later date from the end of the tenancy!
Apart from comments stated as opinions, other statements above are in our email conversations with James Anderson and their advertisements.
Ripping off optimized - our conclusion about James Anderson estate agents.