We worked with Colin and Tom at Belsize office of KFH to find a rental property for our client at The Urban Collective. They were highly organised and helpful, specially when it came to dealing with the details of lease documents / reference checks etc. Very approachable and communicative.
Do look them up if you are searching for a rental property in Swiss Cottage / Belsize Park and nearby areas.
I would suggest both tenants and landlords to avoid dealing with KFH at all costs. We rented a property in Belsize Park managed by KFH and experienced a lot of issues in just a year, including illegal actions from their side. Here are the details:
- KFH agent illegally entered the property during our tenancy. One of their agents was keen to show the property to someone about 5 weeks before we were due to move out and decided to do so without giving a 24 hour notice as per the contract (he didn't give any notice at all) which caused us a distress (we are a family with a young child).
- KFH is not careful with personal data. After we moved out one of their clerks sent us confidential details that were supposed to be sent to new tenants of the property (tenancy agreement, deposit protection details etc.)
- KFH ignored conditions of the offer that were included in the contract. We specifically discussed some of the repairs we wanted to be done and included them into both offer terms and tenancy agreement. Upon move in we realised the repairs were not done and it took us about a week of chasing before any actions proceeded from their side even though they were in clear breach of contract.
- Tenancy agreement has illegal clauses. Their contracts are not up to date with recent legislations - we were asked to pay a greater amount in council tax that council itself would accept from us.
- KFH kept holding our security deposit for 7.5 weeks after the move out date without giving any proposals for deductions or informative communication. After 6 weeks of chasing them we received deduction proposals that should've have taken no more than a week to be made up.
- KFH didn't ensure the property is clean for move in. We basically moved in with a young child to a dirty property with hairs and dust all over the place, condoms under the bed and mould in bathroom. We had to urgently organise cleaning at our own expense and seek reimbursement later.
- KFH fees to tenants are unreasonably high. £300 for the renewal of the contract is just one of the examples. For the poor service they provide this is unacceptable.
- KFH managing agents are extremely slow at communication when an issue arises. In some cases our urgent requests were ignored for days.
- KFH wastes tenant's time and landlord's money. As we are landlords in London ourselves we could see how inefficiently they deal with some of the issues sending several contractors to get quotes (4 was our record), performing cheapest possible repairs and not keeping landlord fully aware of the repairs that have been done. KFH managing agents also performed a routine property visit just a week before our move out - a service that landlord pays for as part of their property management service and which was completely useless to the landlord at this point since they will have received a check out report in a week's time anyway.
- KFH poorly markets properties. Be prepared to let lots of people through your door when you decide to move out as a tenant. There were about 30 viewings (one without any notice as mentioned above) of the property as we continued staying there before they finally managed to let it to someone. The process of finding new tenants took them nearly 2 months despite the price being in line with the market. As someone renting out a property in London myself, I can see it's simply a matter of inefficient work from their side. Some of the people who came to view had zero interest in the property - so why bring them here in the first place?
We have had a positive experience throughout whilst letting a property through Dexters. The property management team and especially Judith Reid have been excellent.
1. When moving in they forgot to do inventory check 2. They came in after moving in to do an inventory check and left a massive stain on the carpet. 3. They never cleaned the place and asked the landlord to still pay the fees for cleaning. Never disclosed that the neighbours were noisy in downstairs restaurant. They finish business at 11:30 but remained in the premises until 4:30 am play cards and drinking alcohol. This said restaurant owner physically assaulted me and when I approached the letting agents to end the contract citing safety concerns, showed no empathy towards me and insisted that it was a personal matter and tehy were not responsible for it. I've had an absolutely horrible time dealing with them and would never ever deal with them again!
I have just moved into my new house with the support of David Key; everything has been managed with professionalism and politeness. Many thanks to Andrew Seemungal for helping me in the process!
Poor services from agents and the office!
I’m still waiting my deposit return after 2 weeks! When I called the office today about that they didn’t know anything about my deposit. This is just the last miss understanding with them many more in the past! I’m not recommend this agency for tenant agreement
Great pub with a lovely atmosphere. We came here on a whim as we were walking past on our way to the station, and enjoyed a delicious dinner with friendly service. The proximity to Streatham Common is definitely a good reason to pay a visit. I would wholeheartedly recommend this pub for a drink or meal.
The man serving is incredibly rude and unhelpful. Totally uncompromising and unwilling to cater for medical dietary requirements. He's ruining an otherwise good pub.
Recently sold a property with the tremendous help of Toby Morris. Toby gave a realistic valuation of the flat resulting in the property under offer within 2 days. He also recommended a fantastic solicitor in Catherine Bryant. The sale took longer than expected but throughout that time Toby and the team kept me updated and advised me on any concerns I had. Great job!
Amazing service!!! It seemed to be impossible to find the perfect flat for me and my wife until I met with George and his team. They gave us many options and we made our decision on the same evening. We are very grateful and recommend these guys to everyone who is looking for a place to live. Many thanks from Istvan and Olga!!!